Breaded Chunky Hake with black olive tapenade, tomato salad and potatoes
2 fillets Donegal Catch Chunky Breaded Hake
350 grams potatoes, sliced into ½ cm coins
100 ml light olive oil
For the tapenade
200 grams kalamata olives, pitted
1 tablespoon capers
2 anchovy fillets
50 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley leaves
For the tomato salad
200 grams summer tomatoes – use any size, colour you want
½ red onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
A few basil leaves, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Place the sliced potatoes in an ovenproof dish and cover with 100 ml olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper and place into the oven.
- Place the Donegal Catch Chunky Hake Fillets onto a baking tray and place them into the oven as well. Cook the fish and potatoes for 25 minutes.
- Whilst the fish and potatoes cook, make the tapenade by placing the olives, capers, anchovy, olive oil, red wine vinegar and parsley into a small blender and blitzing until almost smooth - you don’t want it too smooth, just broken down slightly. Set aside until needed.
- For the tomatoes, place them and the red onion into a bowl and add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, chopped basil and some salt and pepper. Set aside to let the flavours mingle until needed.
- When ready to serve, plate up the fish and potatoes and let people serve themselves the tapenade and tomato salad.