Breaded Chunky Hake with black olive tapenade, tomato salad and potatoes
Enjoy our NEW Irish caught Breaded Chunky Hake with simple homemade olive tapenade, tomato salad and Ireland’s favourite, some potatoes. Make the most of your oven by roasting your potatoes while cooking your tasty Chunky Hake. This recipe is great for midweek meals or even something different on a Friday date night. If you make this yourself, let us know what you think and tag us on socials, we love to see your creations.
2 fillets Donegal Catch Chunky Breaded Hake
350 grams potatoes, sliced into ½ cm coins
100 ml light olive oil
For the tapenade
200 grams kalamata olives, pitted
1 tablespoon capers
2 anchovy fillets
50 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley leaves
For the tomato salad
200 grams summer tomatoes – use any size, colour you want
½ red onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
A few basil leaves, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Place the sliced potatoes in an ovenproof dish and cover with 100 ml olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper and place into the oven.
- Place the Donegal Catch Chunky Hake Fillets onto a baking tray and place them into the oven as well. Cook the fish and potatoes for 25 minutes.
- Whilst the fish and potatoes cook, make the tapenade by placing the olives, capers, anchovy, olive oil, red wine vinegar and parsley into a small blender and blitzing until almost smooth - you don’t want it too smooth, just broken down slightly. Set aside until needed.
- For the tomatoes, place them and the red onion into a bowl and add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, chopped basil and some salt and pepper. Set aside to let the flavours mingle until needed.
- When ready to serve, plate up the fish and potatoes and let people serve themselves the tapenade and tomato salad.