Baked rice with prawns
Baked Arborio rice with King Prawns in a white wine and wine and garlic sauce is the perfect summer crowd pleaser and so simple to make.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, grated
25 grams butter
75 ml white wine
200 grams arborio risotto rice
1 x 400 gram tin chopped tomatoes
500 ml chicken stock
2 packets of Donegal Catch Prawns, defrosted
200 grams cherry tomatoes on the vine
Salt and pepper
30g flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof casserole dish over a medium heat, add the chopped onion and cook for 8-10 mins until softened and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute then stir in the butter and white wine and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and stir well. Add the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Stir well, cover and bake for 40 mins, stirring halfway through. 10 mins before the end of cooking remove the lid and add the prawns and cherry tomatoes.
- Remove from the oven, season, stir well and set aside to rest for 10 mins.
- Serve the risotto topped with the chopped parsley.