Chunky Hake, Chorizo and Onion Potato Hash, Wilted Spinach and Roast Peppers
2 Donegal Catch Chunky Hake fillets
350 grams floury potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 onions, finely sliced
100 grams chorizo sausage, cut into cubes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, sliced
½ teaspoon dried thyme
100 grams roasted red peppers, from a jar, sliced
150 grams spinach
Chopped parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Place potato cubes in large pan of cold, salted water and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes then drain and allow to steam for a few minutes.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of the oil from the jar of roasted peppers then add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook, for about 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden and crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the fish on a baking tray and place into the oven for 25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in the same frying pan, add a little more oil from the jar and add the sliced onion. Fry for 10 minutes until translucent and softened then add the chorizo and fry for a further 5 minutes until it becomes crispy and releases its oils. Add the sliced garlic clove, paprika and thyme and cook for 2 minutes then add the potatoes back into the pan. With the back of a fork, crush a few of the potatoes to expose the soft middles and continue for fry for 10 minutes, stirring to make sure nothing catches.
- Just before serving, stir through the spinach and roasted peppers. Cook for a few minutes until the spinach wilts and the peppers heat through then plate up with the fish. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.