Creamy Haddock and spinach pasta bake with salad
4 fillets Donegal Catch Natural Haddock
400 ml whole milk
25 grams plain flour
25 grams butter
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
125 grams mature cheddar cheese
A few rasps of nutmeg, optional
500 grams casarecce pasta
100 grams Green Isle frozen peas, defrosted
100 grams spinach
50 grams grated mozzarella cheese
50 grams panko breadcrumbs
Salad leaves, to serve
- Place the Donegal Catch Natural Haddock Fillets into a saucepan and over with the milk. Poach for 8 minutes then remove the fish to a plate and set aside. Pour the milk into a jug and clean out the pan then place the butter into the pan and melt.
- Add the leeks and sauté for 5 minutes until softened then add the flour and cook for a minute. Gradually stir the reserved milk into the leeks, adding it slowly until all incorporated. Stir in the Dijon, 75 grams cheddar cheese and the nutmeg.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and turn the oven to grill.
- Once the pasta is cooked stir it into the sauce along with the peas and spinach. Flake the haddock and stir into the pasta - taking care not to break it up too much more. Place everything into an ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the remaining cheddar cheese, mozzarella and panko breadcrumbs in a small bowl and sprinkle over the pasta. Place underneath the grill for 5 - 7 minutes until golden brown and bubbling then serve to the table with a bowl of green salad.