Pancetta wrapped salmon with tomato and basil stuffing
If you are looking for a Turkey alternative this Christmas or just looking for new recipes to try over the festive period, why not make this quick and simple recipe of pancetta-wrapped salmon with tomato and basil stuffing. This works great served with Christmas classics such as Brussel sprouts and mash.
75 grams pesto
50 grams fresh breadcrumbs
4 sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
20 grams parmesan
Zest of 1 lemon
4 Donegal Catch Natural Salmon Fillets, defrosted
6 slices thinly sliced smoked streaky bacon
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix pesto, breadcrumbs, chopped sun dried tomatoes, parmesan, lemon zest and some salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan and put a large non-stick baking sheet into the oven to heat up. Trim the salmon fillets to the same size, then season on both sides with salt and freshly ground pepper. Spoon the pesto mixture in an even layer over 2 salmon fillets and press down well. Cover with the remaining 2 salmon fillets.
- Place 3 slices bacon on a board and lay one of the salmon parcels down the centre of the bacon, bring up the slices to wrap around the salmon and seal it in bacon. Repeat with the remaining bacon and salmon.
- Carefully place the salmon parcels onto the hot baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes until the salmon is cooked and the bacon is crispy.
- Remove the salmon from the oven, cover and set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice each parcel in half and serve with some mashed potatoes and greens.