Wholegrain fish Nicoise salad
2 Donegal Catch Wholegrain Fish Fillets
8 baby potatoes
75 grams green beans trimmed and halved
2 Little Gem lettuces, each cut into 8ths
50 grams pitted black olives, roughly chopped
80 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
1 red onion, finely sliced
Handful parsley, finely chopped
For the dressing
1 small garlic clove
1 anchovy fillet
2 teaspoons Dijion mustard
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan. Place the Donegal Catch Wholegrain Fish Fillets onto a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes.
- To make the dressing, place the garlic, anchovy and a small pinch of salt in a pestle and mortar. Crush to a paste and then add to a bowl. Stir in the mustard and vinegar, then slowly drizzle in the oil, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Place the baby potatoes into a large pan of cold salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes, or until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and place into a colander to steam and when cool, cut them into halves.
- Add the beans to the potato cooking water still in the pan and cook for 5 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl of iced water to cool.
- Turn the heat in the pan of water down to a low simmer and cook the eggs for 7 minutes. Just before the eggs are done, remove the green beans from the iced water and, if necessary, top the water up with ice. When the eggs are done, place them into the iced water to cool. When cool, peel and halve the eggs.
- When cool enough to handle, halve or quarter them, and toss in a large bowl with 1 tbsp of the dressing. Leave to cool completely.
- Arrange the lettuce, potatoes, sliced red onion, green beans, eggs, halved tomatoes and olives on a serving plate and drizzle over most of the dressing. When the fish is cooked, break into halves and add to the serving plate as well. Season everything with salt and pepper and drizzle over the rest of the dressing, then finally sprinkle with the chopped parsley.