Wholegrain Fish, Pea & Potato Mash & Wilted Spinach
3 Donegal Catch Wholegrain Fish Fillets
500 grams floury potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2 inch pieces
75 grams unsalted butter plus 25 grams
50 ml semi-skimmed milk
150 grams Green Isle Frozen Peas
100 grams baby spinach, washed
Small grating of nutmeg
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
*We have suggested ½ of a wholegrain fish fillet per child in this recipe but adjust as to how hungry everyone is!
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan and cover with cold water. Season the water generously and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes, until the potatoes are soft. Add the peas in the last 3 minutes of cooking time, then drain and let the potatoes and peas steam in the colander for at least 5 minutes.
- Cook the Wholegrain Fish Fillets according to the packet instructions.
- Place 75 grams of the butter, plus all of the milk into a clean saucepan and heat until just warmed through. Using a potato masher,mash the potatoes and peas into the saucepan and stir to combine with the warmed butter and milk. Season to taste and set aside to keep warm.
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add the remaining 25 grams butter and spinach. Cook for a few minutes until the spinach has wilted then grate over a pinch of nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the cooked wholegrain fish with the mash and wilted spinach.