Wholegrain fish with winter panzanella
300 grams Green Isle Frozen Cauliflower
100 ml extra virgin olive oil
100 grams ciabatta, roughly torn into bite sized pieces
3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
4 anchovies, finely chopped
35 grams raisins, soaked in just-boiled water and drained
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
4 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
juice of ½ a lemon
- Steam the cauliflower until it’s just tender, then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan and place 4 fillets Donegal Catch wholegrain fish on one tray and place the cauliflower on a separate tray. Bake both in the oven for 25 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the cauliflower is slightly golden all over.
- Whilst they are cooking, heat a glug of olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry the bread over a medium heat until golden all over, you may need to do this is batches.
- Remove the bread from the pan and place into a large bowl then add another glug of olive oil and add the garlic and anchovies to the pan. Fry for 2 minutes, making sure the garlic doesn’t get too dark. It should be golden, not brown.
- Tip into the bowl with the bread and add the raisins, capers, parsley and chives.
- When the fish and cauliflower are done, put the cauliflower in the bowl with the bread mixture, add the vinegar and lemon juice and toss everything together with a small amount of seasoning. Serve warm with the wholegrain fish.