Fish Fingers, cauliflower and potato mash and crushed peas
9 Donegal Catch Omega 3 Fish Fingers
2 floury potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2 inch pieces
1 packet Green Isle Cauliflower Mash
50 grams unsalted butter, plus 25 grams
75 ml whole milk
150 grams Green Isle Frozen Garden Peas
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220 C / 200 C fan.
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan and cover with cold water. Season the water generously and bring to the boil. Cook for 5 - 10 minutes, until the potatoes are soft, then drain and let the potatoes steam in the colander for at least 5 minutes.
- Cook the fish fingers according to the packet instructions.
- Place 50 grams of the butter and all of the milk into a clean saucepan and add the cauliflower mash. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mash has defrosted, then, using a potato ricer, rice the potatoes into the saucepan and stir everything together to combine. Season the mash to taste and set aside.
- Bring a small saucepan of salted water to the boil and add the peas, cooking for 4 minutes, until cooked, then drain and place back into the saucepan. Add the remaining 25 grams butter, a squeeze of lemon and some seasoning and, with a hand blender, blitz the peas to crush them slightly - you want some texture here so don’t be tempted to over blitz or you’ll end up with pea puree!
- When the fish fingers are done, warm the mash through and serve with the fish fingers, crushed peas and a few lemon wedges.