Wholegrain Fish Taco Baskets
Have fun assembling this taco bowl recipe with the kids, made with our NEW Wholegrain Fish Fillets, this is a great one for all the family to enjoy. A creative and delicious way to help you get your two portions of fish a week.
3 Donegal Catch Wholegrain fish Fillets
4 soft wholemeal flour tortillas
sunflower oil spray
1 x 400 gram tin black beans
200 ml chicken stock
1 tablespoon chipotle paste
100 grams cherry tomatoes, quartered
½ red onion, finely diced
Juice of ½ a lime
1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
6 radishes, thinly sliced
1 avocado, quartered
Salt and pepper
- Cook the Donegal Catch Wholegrain fish Fillets according to the packet instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Press a tortilla wrap into an ovenproof bowl so it takes the shape of a bowl. Spray with oil spray and bake in the oven for 7–8 minutes until the wraps have hardened. Repeat with each tortilla then set aside.
- Place the black beans, chicken stock and chipotle paste into a saucepan and place over a medium heat for 15 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half.
- For the salsa, mix the chopped tomatoes, red onions and lime juice in a small bowl along with a good pinch of salt. Stir well to combine then set aside.
- When your fish is cooked, slice it into bite sized pieces.
- To assemble your taco bowls add the iceberg lettuce to the bottom of the bowl followed by the radishes, tomato salsa, avocado and black beans then top with a few pieces of the fish. Serve with a few coriander leaves, some lime wedges and some hot sauce if you like.