Gratin Potato Traybake with Breaded Whiting & Garden Peas
4 Donegal Catch Breaded Whiting fillets
200ml chicken or vegetable stock
200ml double cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, grated
600 grams of potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
2 leeks, finely sliced
100 grams cheddar cheese
300 grams Green Isle Garden Peas
- Pre heat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Place the stock, cream, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Turn off the heat.
- Place the sliced potatoes and leeks in a roasting dish and lay them out in an even layer. Pour over the hot stock mixture and cover with cling film then place into the oven for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes remove the tin foil from the roasting dish and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Place a rack over the top of the roasting dish and place the Donegal Catch Breaded Whiting fillets onto the rack.
- Cook everything for a further 20 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the gratin is bubbling and golden.
- Just before serving, place the peas into boiling, salted water and cook for 4 - 5 minutes, drain and serve alongside the gratin and fish.