Whiting served with Vegetables and Fried Rice
Whiting is a member of the cod family and has a firm, lean texture, delicately flavoured this works great served with Vegetables and Fried Rice
1 pack Donegal Catch natural Whiting
1 tablespoon of oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 red pepper, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
½ courgette, diced
250g of cooked rice
Salt and pepper
Soy sauce to serve
- Preheat Oven to 200°C Conventional oven / Fan Assisted oven 190°C. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and place the frozen Whiting in the centre.
- Brush with a little oil a squeeze of lemon juice and season with salt.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 25-28 minutes, opening foil for the last 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic for 1 minute. Add the pepper and courgette and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes until the rice is thoroughly heated through.
- Season well, add a dash of soy sauce if liked and serve with the whiting.