Asian Salmon Burgers
Treat yourself to a homemade Asian Salmon burger with sriracha mayo and Asian slaw. Our Natural Atlantic Salmon is a great source of Omega 3.
2 Donegal Catch Natural Salmon Fillets, defrosted and de-skinned
For the burgers
1 garlic clove, grated
1 cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
1 spring onion, roughly chopped
15 grams coriander leaves
1 red chilli, roughly chopped
75 grams panko breadcrumbs
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the slaw
¼ red cabbage, finely sliced
1 carrot, julienned
½ red onion, finely sliced
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Coriander leaves, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
For the sriracha mayonnaise
100 grams good quality mayonnaise
2 – 4 tablespoons sriracha, depending on how spicy you want the mayonnaise to be
Salt and pepper
2 burger buns, toasted
Chips, to serve
- For the burgers, place the garlic, ginger, spring onion, coriander, red chilli and breadcrumbs into a food processor and blitz until roughly chopped. Add the defrosted salmon, egg yolk and sesame oil and pulse to bring together - you don’t want the fish to break down completely - you want to retain some texture so only pulse briefly to bring together
- Shape the mixture into 2 burgers, place onto a tray lined with parchment and place into the fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
- For the slaw, mix all the ingredients together and season with a pinch of salt and pepper then set aside.
- For the sriracha mayonnaise mix the mayonnaise and sriracha together and set aside.
- To cook the burgers, place the vegetable oil into a frying pan and set over a medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the burgers and cook for 4 - 5 minutes each side.
- To assemble, spread the burger buns with some of the sriracha mayonnaise and add some slaw, then top with the salmon burgers and serve with chips.