BBQ Salmon with corn and basil salsa and little gem lettuce
2 Donegal Catch BBQ Salmon Fillets
150 grams Green Isle Frozen Sweetcorn
1 tablespoon butter
½ red onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
Pinch chilli flakes
Handful fresh basil, shredded
1 little gem lettuce, leaves separated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Olive oil, to drizzle
Cooked baby potatoes, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Place the Donegal Catch BBQ Salmon Fillets on a baking tray. Season with salt and drizzle with a little olive oil and place into the oven for 25 minutes.
- Whilst the fish is cooking, make the salsa. Bring a pan of boiling salted water to the boil and add the Green Isle Frozen Sweetcorn. Cook for 3 minutes then drain and set aside.
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add the butter, red onion and garlic. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes, just to take the raw edge from the onion then add the chilli flakes, the cooked, drained sweetcorn and season well with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and stir through the basil.
- Divide the little gem leaves between 2 plates and drizzle with some olive oil. Add the salsa and cooked BBQ salmon and then serve with some cooked baby potatoes, if desired