Breaded Chunky Hake with garlic butter potatoes and green beans
Nothing says midweek comforting food like some homemade garlicky roasted potatoes, veggies and Donegal Catch’s NEW Chunky Irish caught Hake. A simple family recipe that takes less than an hour and is sure to leave all plates empty.
4 fillets Donegal Catch Breaded Chunky Hake
800 grams potatoes, cut into rough cubes
6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
100 grams unsalted butter
Handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
225 grams green beans
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Place a large saucepan of cold, salted water over a high heat. Add the potatoes and bring to the boil. Turn down to a simmer and simmer for 4 minutes. Drain and set aside to steam for 10 minutes.
- Place the Donegal Catch Chunky Hake Fillets onto a baking tray and place them into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the potatoes cook, melt the butter in a large, oven safe frying pan set over a medium heat and add the garlic and potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes until the potatoes are starting to crisp around the edges - this should take about 5 minutes. Add the potatoes to the oven and cook the fish and potatoes for a further 10 - 15 minutes.
- Just before you’re ready to serve, bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and add the green beans. Cook for 4 minutes then drain and serve with the fish and potatoes. Sprinkle over the chopped parsley to serve.