Breaded Haddock Fajita Traybake
People traditionally think of chicken when thinking of Fajitas but they are a great way to help you and your family incorporate more fish your diet. This family favourite couldn’t be easier with everything being cooked on one tray, saving you time, energy and washing up! Haddock is a great source of protein and has a sweeter and fuller flavour than other white fish.We source 100% of our haddock from co-ops and fishing boats who are members of the Fishery Improvement Project, verified by Verifact and produced in Ireland. We are a key stakeholder in the Bord Iascaigh Mhara (BIM) backed Fishery Improvement Project (FIP), which focuses on improving the sustainability of Irish fisheries so that there are enough fish in the sea for future generations.
4 Donegal Catch Breaded Haddock fillets
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
2 red onions, finely sliced
3 tablespoons natural oil
2 tablespoons fajita spice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 packets microwave brown rice
1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed
Coriander leaves, lime wedges & sour cream, to serve
- Pre heat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Place the sliced peppers and red onions on a large baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle over the fajita spice mix and season with salt and pepper then toss everything together to coat.
- Place into the oven for 10 minutes then remove and add the Donegal Catch Breaded Haddock fillets and place back into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Microwave the rice according to the packet instructions.
- When after 20 minutes, remove the fish from the tray and set aside then add the rice and black beans to the tray, stir everything together to coat and season again with salt and pepper. Replace the fish back on top and cook for a further 10 minutes until everything is hot. Serve scattered with coriander alongside s9me lime wedges and sour cream for everyone to help themselves.