Breaded Haddock with crispy lemon potatoes, crushed peas, cucumber & salsa verde
Why not take your fish and chips to the next level with our Breaded Haddock, accompanied by some crispy potato wedges, crushed peas, ribbon cucumber and some salsa verde? This recipe is simple and the flavours work wonderfully together. We are committed to supporting responsible fishing practices and are currently working within a Fishery Improvement Project (FIP) for Irish caught haddock, whiting and hake.
2 Donegal Catch Breaded Haddock Fillets
2 large Maris Piper potatoes
1 garlic clove, grated
50 ml olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Juice of ½ lemon
1 teaspoon semolina
For the salsa verde
1 garlic clove
30 grams fresh flat-leaf parsley
15 grams fresh basil
15 grams fresh mint
1 small handful of capers
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the crushed peas
100 grams Green Isle Garden Peas
Zest of ½ lemon
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 cucumber, ribboned with a peeler, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Slice the potatoes into wedges and place into a pan of cold, salted water. Bring to the boil over a medium heat and once the water is boiling, cook for 6 minutes. Drain and let steam for at least 15 minutes.
- Whilst the potatoes are steaming, mix together the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. Once the potatoes are steamed, add to the dressing and toss to coat, then place on a baking tray and place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Make the salsa verde by blitzing all the ingredients together, then set aside.
- Place the fish fillets on a baking tray and when the potatoes have had 20 minutes, place the baking tray with the fish on into the oven too and cook everything for a further 18-22 mins, until the fish is fully cooked through and the potatoes are golden and crisp.
- Make the crushed peas by placing the Green Isle Garden Peas into boiling water. Cover, bring back to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Drain and place into a food processor along with the lemon zest, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper then pulse gently until everything just comes together but there is still some texture.
- Divide the fish and potatoes between two plates then add the crushed peas and ribboned cucumber, finally drizzling the salsa verde over the top of everything.