Breaded Whiting Parmigiana served with green beans & chips
Enjoy our Irish-caught Breaded Whiting in this simple parmigiana recipe served with green beans and chips. Parmigiana is a type of Italian dish that usually consists of aubergine that is topped with tomato sauce, cheese, and sometimes vegetables, and then baked until the cheese is melted and the sauce is hot. Here we have paired this traditional Italian recipe with our Breaded Whiting, a delicious new way to help you get your two portions of fish per week. Enjoy with some green beans and Green Isle Skinny chips for a quick and delicious dinner option.
4 fillets Donegal Catch Breaded Whiting
1 bag Green Isle Skinny Fries
1 aubergine, sliced lengthways
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil
200 ml shop-bought marinara sauce
100 grams shredded mozzarella
200 grams green beans
Basil leaves, to serve
Parmesan, to serve
- Pre heat oven to 200C / 180 C fan.
- Place the Donegal Catch Breaded Whiting onto a baking tray and place into the oven for 25 minutes until cooked through and piping hot throughout. Place the Green Isle Skinny Fries onto a separate baking tray and cook for the same amount of time.
- Whilst the fish cooks, add the olive oil to a pan, season the aubergine slices with salt and pepper and fry for 4 - 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and soft. Set aside on some kitchen paper to drain any excess oil.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil ready to cook your green beans.
- When the fish is cooked, remove from the oven and turn the oven to grill.
- Top each fillet with an aubergine slice. Spoon over some marinara sauce and divide the grated mozzarella between each fillet then place under the grill for 3 - minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Add the green beans to the boiling salted water and cook for 3 - 4 minutes then serve alongside the fish parmigiana and the skinny fries.
- Top everything with a few basil leaves and a grating of parmesan to garnish.