Breaded Whiting Parmigiana served with green beans & chips
4 fillets Donegal Catch Breaded Whiting
1 bag Green Isle Skinny Fries
1 aubergine, sliced lengthways
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil
200 ml shop-bought marinara sauce
100 grams shredded mozzarella
200 grams green beans
Basil leaves, to serve
Parmesan, to serve
- Pre heat oven to 200C / 180 C fan.
- Place the Donegal Catch Breaded Whiting onto a baking tray and place into the oven for 25 minutes until cooked through and piping hot throughout. Place the Green Isle Skinny Fries onto a separate baking tray and cook for the same amount of time.
- Whilst the fish cooks, add the olive oil to a pan, season the aubergine slices with salt and pepper and fry for 4 - 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and soft. Set aside on some kitchen paper to drain any excess oil.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil ready to cook your green beans.
- When the fish is cooked, remove from the oven and turn the oven to grill.
- Top each fillet with an aubergine slice. Spoon over some marinara sauce and divide the grated mozzarella between each fillet then place under the grill for 3 - minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Add the green beans to the boiling salted water and cook for 3 - 4 minutes then serve alongside the fish parmigiana and the skinny fries.
- Top everything with a few basil leaves and a grating of parmesan to garnish.