Breaded Whiting with a fresh tomato and feta salad
Donegal Catch Breaded Whiting
For the salad:
400 grams heritage tomatoes, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Handful of basil, plus extra to serve
75 ml olive oil
2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
½ cucumber, halved lengthways, seeds scooped out and sliced on an angle
1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
6 – 8 radishes, sliced
2 avocados, peeled and sliced
100g feta, crumbled
Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Cook Donegal Catch Breaded Whiting for 20 - 25 minutes until cooked through and piping hot.
- For the salad, mix the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon sea salt and mix together. Set aside.
- For the basil oil, pour a kettle of boiling water of the basil leaves then dunk them into iced water to cool them down straight away. Dry with kitchen paper and place into a small blender. Add the olive oil and blitz to combine then place into a bowl and set aside.
- Drain the tomatoes of any juice that has accumulated in the bottom of the bowl and miz with the rest of the salad ingredients, except the feta. Place on a serving platter and scatter over the feta. Mix the basil oil with the juice of 1 lemon and some seasoning and drizzle over the salad.
- Serve with the cooked fish for a summer meal in minutes!