Breaded Whiting with Mexican green rice, sweetcorn and tomato salsa and tortillas
4 fillets Donegal Catch Breaded Whiting
200 grams basmati rice
50 grams coriander
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 green jalapeño, roughly chopped
3 spring onions, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
400 ml water
100 grams Green Isle Frozen Sweetcorn
100 grams cherry tomatoes, chopped
Lime wedges, to serve
Sliced avocado, to serve
Flour tortillas, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- In the bowl of a small food processor blitz together the coriander, dried oregano, jalapeño, spring onions, garlic cloves and 100ml water until as smooth as possible. Add to a medium saucepan along with the rest of the water and ½ teaspoon salt. Add the rice and then place over a medium heat until all the water has evaporated - this should take about 10 - 15 minutes. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside.
- Place the Donegal Catch Breaded whiting on a tray and place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Whilst the fish cooks bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the Green Isle Sweetcorn and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and place into a bowl with the chopped cherry tomatoes, some salt and pepper and the juice of ½ a lime.
- Once the fish has cooked, serve with the rice, tomato and sweet corn salsa, tortillas and extra lime wedges. Garnish with fresh coriander, if desired.