Breaded Whiting with Mexican green rice, sweetcorn, tomato salsa and tortillas
Looking for new and exciting ways to help you and your family get their two portions of fish per week? Why not mix it up by creating tasty tortillas with our Irish caught Breaded Whiting. Kids will enjoy assembling these tasty tortilla wraps for lunch or dinner. A member of the cod family, whiting has a firm texture and is delicately flavoured as well as being a great source of protein which makes it a great fish to help the wee ones get their two portions of fish a week.
4 fillets Donegal Catch Breaded Whiting
200 grams basmati rice
50 grams coriander
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 green jalapeño, roughly chopped
3 spring onions, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
400 ml water
100 grams Green Isle Frozen Sweetcorn
100 grams cherry tomatoes, chopped
Lime wedges, to serve
Sliced avocado, to serve
Flour tortillas, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- In the bowl of a small food processor blitz together the coriander, dried oregano, jalapeño, spring onions, garlic cloves and 100ml water until as smooth as possible. Add to a medium saucepan along with the rest of the water and ½ teaspoon salt. Add the rice and then place over a medium heat until all the water has evaporated - this should take about 10 - 15 minutes. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside.
- Place the Donegal Catch Breaded whiting on a tray and place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Whilst the fish cooks bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the Green Isle Sweetcorn and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and place into a bowl with the chopped cherry tomatoes, some salt and pepper and the juice of ½ a lime.
- Once the fish has cooked, serve with the rice, tomato and sweet corn salsa, tortillas and extra lime wedges. Garnish with fresh coriander, if desired.