Chunky Cod with homemade chips, mushy peas, lemon and dill
Enjoy our Chunky Cod, a mild flavoured fish with chunky flakes with homemade chips, mushy peas, lemon and dill. The perfect fakeaway treat for all the family, perfect for midweek dinners and a great source of protein.
4 fillets Donegal Catch Chunky Cod
For the chips:
1 kg Maris Piper Potatoes, peeled and cut into chips
5 tablespoons vegetable or sunflower oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the mushy peas:
300 grams Green Isle Frozen Peas
2 sprigs fresh mint
50 grams unsalted butter
Dash double cream
Zest of ½ a lemon
1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Par-boil the potatoes in boiling, salted water for 5 - 7 minutes then drain and allow to steam for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large baking tray then add potatoes and toss to coat in oil. Add rosemary sprigs and cook for 35 - 40 minutes until golden.
- Add fish to the oven for the final 20 minutes of cooking.
- For the peas, cover the peas with water in a shallow pan and place on a medium to high heat. Add the sprigs of mint and bring the water to a boil, cover the pan, and allow the peas to simmer for 3 minutes. Drain the peas and transfer to a bowl. Add the butter, cream and lemon zest and mash with a potato masher. Stir through the dill and season to taste.
- Serve fish, chips and mushy peas together with some lemon wedges.