Chunky Hake with Caper Salsa, Potatoes and Tenderstem Broccoli
Enjoy our NEW Irish caught Chunky Irish Hake with some roasted potato cubes, tenderstem broccoli and caper salsa that is lip-smackingly delicious and very easy to make for dinner or a weekend lunch.
2 Donegal Catch Chunky Hake fillets
359 grams waxy potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, skins left on, bashed with the back of a knife
For the caper salsa:
3 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
¼ white onion, finely chopped
Juice and zest of ½ a lemon
Large handful of fresh parsley
50 ml extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200 grams tenderstem broccoli, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Place potato cubes in large pan of cold, salted water and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes then drain and allow to steam for a few minutes.
- Place the olive oil in a large roasting tin and put into the oven for 5 minutes to heat. Once hot add the heat garlic, potatoes, rosemary and some seasoning. Toss together until well-coated then place into the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes stir the potatoes to ensure they aren’t sticking and add the Donegal Catch Chunky Hake fillets. Cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Whilst the potato and fish roast, make the caper salsa. Mix the chopped capers, onion, lemon juice and zest, parsley, olive oil and pepper together in a bowl and set aside.
- 5 minutes before the fish is done, cook the tenderstem broccoli in boiling, salted water for 4 minutes until tender. Serve the fish, potatoes and broccoli with the caper salsa to drizzle over.