Craft Cider Battered Haddock in bao buns
Craft Cider Battered Haddock in bao buns with garlic mayonnaise and lettuce is the perfect lunchtime or evening treat. Ready in 20 minutes, this tasty twist of the classic Chinese street food is worth trying at home. Haddock has a sweeter and fuller flavour than other white fish. We are committed to supporting responsible fishing practices and are currently working within a Fishery Improvement Project (FIP) for Irish caught haddock. Armagh Cider Company makes award winning cider from blossom to bottle’ on their own farm in Co Armagh, the orchard county of Ireland.
4 Donegal Catch Craft Cider Battered Haddock
100 grams mayonnaise
Zest & juice of ½ a lemon
1 garlic clove, finely grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 bao buns
½ cucumber, finely sliced
1 little gem lettuce, roughly torn
Dill, to garnish
- Pre-heat oven. Place fillets on a pre-heated baking tray on top shelf of oven. 210°C, Fan 190°C, Gas 6 20-25 mins
- Whilst the fish is cooking, mix the mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, grated garlic and a good pinch of salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Microwave the bao buns according to the packet instructions and set aside.
- When the fish is cooked, slice each fillet in half widthways
- To build the bao buns, spread the mayonnaise on the inside of each bao buns and stuff with a few slices of cucumber and some lettuce. Place the fish inside each bun and finish with a few fronds of dill.