Donegal Catch Easy Peasy Fish Cakes
2 Donegal Catch natural haddock fillets
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 small white onion finely diced
8-10 basil leaves finely chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
Sprinkle smoked paprika
1 spring onion
Sprinkle fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 200oC/ Fan 180oC. Finely dice the haddock into small pieces then add to a bowl along with 3/4 of the breadcrumbs, onion, basil and garlic powder then stir.
- Make a well in the centre then crack the egg in and whisk through the mixture until fully combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide the mixture onto a baking tray lined with lightly oiled parchment paper. Use a teaspoon to shape and press down slightly.
- Drizzle over a very light amount of olive oil and sprinkle over the remaining breadcrumbs. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- To serve mix together the yogurt and paprika then sprinkle over spring onion and chopped coriander.