Donegal Catch Sweet & Sour Whiting
4 Donegal Catch Breaded Whiting Fillets
2 bell peppers cut into spears
Drizzle olive oil
Sweet & Sour Sauce:
1 mango peeled and chopped
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp garlic powder
60ml (1/4 cup) water
Finely sliced spring onion
- Preheat oven to 200oC/ Fan 180oC
- Place the fish onto a baking tray and cook for 18-22 minutes. Add the peppers to a baking dish, then drizzle over a little olive oil and roast for 20 minutes. For smaller babies, roast a little longer so you can squash pepper between your finger and thumb.
- To make the sauce, add all the ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a pan and bring to a bubble.
- Cut the fish fillets into chunks, then add back to the tray, along with the cooked peppers. Pour over the sauce, then toss until the fish and peppers are fully coated. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle over spring onions and sesame seeds.