Family Hake with tenderstem broccoli, garlic & lemon cream sauce, leaves and potatoes
4 fillets Donegal Catch Family Hake
250g potatoes, quartered
2 tbsps. olive oil
100g tenderstem broccoli
Handful of salad leaves
For the garlic, lemon cream sauce:
2 garlic cloves, grated
2 tbsps. plain flour
500ml double cream
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
50g Parmesan cheese, grated
Handful of finely chopped parsley
Salt and fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Par-boil the potatoes in boiling salted water for 7 minutes then drain and leave to steam for 5 minutes. Place onto a tray, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Place the Donegal Catch fish fillets on a separate tray and place into the oven with the potatoes for 20 - 25 minutes or until cooked through and hot throughout.
- For the lemon cream sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan set over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for a minute then stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add in thec cream, stirring as you pour. Bring to the boil then season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the sauce thickens - about 1-2 minutes. Finally, whisk in the lemon juice and zest, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the broccoli for 4 minutes.
- Serve everything to the table with the cooked hake fillets and a big bowl of leaves for everyone to serve themselves.