Fish Sticks with Stir Fried Vegetables, Rice & Sweet & Sour Dressing
1 packet of Donegal Catch Fish Sticks
1 tablespoon oil
1 red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
1 orange pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 spring onions, chopped into 1 inch pieces
For the sweet & sour sauce:
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 tablespoon water
160 ml pineapple juice
80 ml rice vinegar
75 grams light brown sugar
3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
Coriander leaves, to garnish
- To begin, put your rice on to boil and pre-heat oven to 220°C / FAN 180 °C / gas mark 6. Place the fish sticks on a baking tray on the top shelf of a pre-heated oven for 15-20 mins. Turn halfway through cooking time.
- Now, begin to make your sweet & sour sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornflour and water. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, rice vinegar, brown sugar, tomato ketchup, and light soy sauce and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in the cornflour mixture and cook until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside to keep warm whilst you continue with the rest of the dish.
- Cook the Donegal Catch Fish Sticks according to the packet instructions.
- Whilst the fish sticks are cooking, add the oil to a large wok and add the chopped peppers and red onion. Stir fry for 5 minutes until soft and starting to char at the edges.
- Add the garlic and spring onions and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes then add half of the sweet and sour sauce and heat through.
- Serve the vegetables on a bed of rice with the Fish Sticks on top and the remaining sauce on the side for dipping, adding some coriander leaves to garnish.