Fish Sticks with Stir Fried Vegetables, Rice & Sweet & Sour Dressing
This recipe perfectly compliments our NEW Fish Sticks as kids will enjoy this homemade sweet and sour dressing with stir fried vegetables and rice. Ready in less than 30 minutes, this recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners.
1 packet of Donegal Catch Fish Sticks
1 tablespoon oil
1 red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
1 orange pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 spring onions, chopped into 1 inch pieces
For the sweet & sour sauce:
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 tablespoon water
160 ml pineapple juice
80 ml rice vinegar
75 grams light brown sugar
3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
Coriander leaves, to garnish
- To begin, put your rice on to boil and pre-heat oven to 220°C / FAN 180 °C / gas mark 6. Place the fish sticks on a baking tray on the top shelf of a pre-heated oven for 15-20 mins. Turn halfway through cooking time.
- Now, begin to make your sweet & sour sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornflour and water. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, rice vinegar, brown sugar, tomato ketchup, and light soy sauce and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in the cornflour mixture and cook until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside to keep warm whilst you continue with the rest of the dish.
- Cook the Donegal Catch Fish Sticks according to the packet instructions.
- Whilst the fish sticks are cooking, add the oil to a large wok and add the chopped peppers and red onion. Stir fry for 5 minutes until soft and starting to char at the edges.
- Add the garlic and spring onions and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes then add half of the sweet and sour sauce and heat through.
- Serve the vegetables on a bed of rice with the Fish Sticks on top and the remaining sauce on the side for dipping, adding some coriander leaves to garnish.