Haddock and Prawn Pastillas
170g Donegal Catch Natural haddock
90g Donegal Catch King prawns, chopped
1 onion, diced
½ preserved lemon, diced
1 small courgette, diced
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp sumac
Salt & pepper
1 pack filo pastry sheets
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Preheat the oven at 180C. In a frying pan, heat up the olive oil. Toss in the haddock fillets and cook for 5 min. Remove from the pan and crumble the fish. Slice the prawns and reserve.
- Remove from the pan and crumble the fish.
- Slice the prawns and reserve.
- In the same pan, fry the onion. Add the courgette, the preserved lemon, the juice of ½ a lime, the ginger, the spices and parsley. Cook for a couple of minutes while stirring.
- Off the heat, gently stir in the fish and prawns
- Grease the inside of the pie dishes with melted butter.
- In small pie dishes, layer one filo sheet and brush with butter. Repeat to obtain 5 or 6 oversized layers.
- Scoop a little bit of the fish mixture in. Fold the edges back over to close the pies. Brush with a generous amount of butter.
- Bake for 20 min until lightly golden. Serve with your favourite greens or salad and enjoy!