Haddock Bites in tortilla cups with lettuce & tartare sauce
3 – 4 large flour tortillas
1 tablespoon olive oil
For the tartare dressing:
100 ml mayonnaise
1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
1 tablespoon gherkins, drained and chopped
1 teaspoon onion salt
squeeze of lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
100 grams iceberg lettuce, shredded
Handful of chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan. Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Lightly brush both sides of each tortilla with a little olive oil then cut each one into circles using a cookie cutter that measures just slightly larger than the diameter of the holes in your muffin tin.
- Press each circle into the muffin tray holes, folding to fit and then place into the oven to bake for 6-7 minutes until crisp and golden brown at the edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Place haddock bites on a baking tray and cook on the top shelf of a pre-heated oven (200°C/ Fan 180C/Gas mark 6) . Turn halfway through cooking time.
- For the tartare sauce, place all of the ingredients except the parsley into a mini food processor and blitz until smooth. Remove to a bowl and stir through the parsley, seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed.
- To serve, fill a crispy tortilla cup with a little shredded lettuce then add a bit of your tartare sauce and add a cooked Salt and Vinegar Bite. Sprinkle with a few chopped chives and add a bit more sauce if required.