Haddock Bites in tortilla cups with lettuce & tartare sauce
Enjoy our new Salt & Vinegar Irish Haddock Bites made with 100% Irish Haddock Fillets in these homemade tortilla cups with lettuce and tartare sauce to liven up your dinners. This versatile recipe works great for lunch, dinner or as tasty treats to share with friends.
3 – 4 large flour tortillas
1 tablespoon olive oil
For the tartare dressing:
100 ml mayonnaise
1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
1 tablespoon gherkins, drained and chopped
1 teaspoon onion salt
squeeze of lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
100 grams iceberg lettuce, shredded
Handful of chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan. Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Lightly brush both sides of each tortilla with a little olive oil then cut each one into circles using a cookie cutter that measures just slightly larger than the diameter of the holes in your muffin tin.
- Press each circle into the muffin tray holes, folding to fit and then place into the oven to bake for 6-7 minutes until crisp and golden brown at the edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Place haddock bites on a baking tray and cook on the top shelf of a pre-heated oven (200°C/ Fan 180C/Gas mark 6) . Turn halfway through cooking time.
- For the tartare sauce, place all of the ingredients except the parsley into a mini food processor and blitz until smooth. Remove to a bowl and stir through the parsley, seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed.
- To serve, fill a crispy tortilla cup with a little shredded lettuce then add a bit of your tartare sauce and add a cooked Salt and Vinegar Bite. Sprinkle with a few chopped chives and add a bit more sauce if required.