Haddock Bites with a green vegetable medley & sweet potato wedges
500 grams sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 tablespoon thyme leaves, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 packet Donegal Catch Salt and Vinegar Haddock Bites
150 grams broccoli florets
100 grams Green Isle Frozen Peas
4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Add the potato wedges to a large bowl and add the chilli flakes, thyme leaves, half of the chopped garlic, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix to combine well, making sure all of the wedges are coated then lay out, skin side down, on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes until soft on the inside but crisp on the outside.
- Cook the Donegal Catch salt and Vinegar Bites according to the packet instructions.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add the broccoli and peas. Cook for 4 minutes until al dente then drain.
- Just before serving, place a wok over a high heat and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the remaining half of chopped garlic. Cook for 30 seconds then add the broccoli, peas and spring onions.
- Stir fry for 1 - 2 minutes until warmed through and fragrant and then serve with the sweet potato wedges and the Salt and Vinegar Haddock Bites.