4 Donegal Catch Natural Haddock Fillets
For the curry
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon black mustard seeds
20 curry leaves
1 onion, finely sliced
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
3 garlic cloves, grated
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
200 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
4 small green chillies, halved
1 x 400 gram tin coconut milk
3 tablespoons unsweetened desiccated coconut
100 grams baby spinach
Salt and pepper
- Add the vegetable oil to a large, deep frying pan that has a lid. Once hot, add the mustard seeds and fry for 30 seconds until starting to pop.
- Add the curry leaves and fry for a couple of seconds then add the sliced onion and a pinch of salt.
- Turn the heat down slightly and fry the onions until they are starting to turn golden.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute then add the dried spices and cook for a further minute.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, green chillies, coconut milk and desiccated coconut and stir everything together. bringing to a boil.
- Then add the Donegal Catch Natural Haddock fillets. Poach them in the sauce for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Then stir in the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Serve the curry with the brown rice and some coriander leaves and lime wedges to garnish.