Hazelnut and herb crusted Haddock
2 Donegal Catch Haddock fillets
2 handful hazelnuts (whole or peeled)
3 sprigs of herbs (oregano and thyme in my case)
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
For the optional hollandaise sauce:
2 egg yolks
1 tbsp water
120g butter in cubes
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Start by taking the haddock fillets out of the freezer.
- Prepare the crust by blending coarsely the hazelnuts and herbs with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven at 200C.
- On a medium heat, preheat an oven-proof pan with a tablespoon of oil.
- Once hot, place the fish in the pan and cover with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the crust and bake uncovered for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Prepare the hollandaise sauce by whisking together the two egg yolks and one tablespoon of water.
- Place over a pan of water but watch out that it stays just warm not hot (around 60C). While whisking, add the butter one piece at a time and keep whisking to create a gentle emulsion.
- Off the heat, add the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Serve immediately with the haddock and a side of rice or fresh pasta.