Indian spiced salmon with a Bombay vegetable traybake
Traybakes are the ultimate midweek dinner, popping everything in the oven leaves very little wash up which is always a bonus. Try this delicious Indian inspired recipe with our Atlantic Salmon, easy to make and a great nutritious meal for all the family.
4 fillets Donegal Catch Natural Salmon
750 grams potatoes, cut into cubes
1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli, optional
6 tablespoons neutral oil
1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
2 tablespoons curry paste – we like tikka or balti paste
100 grams Green Isle Frozen peas
200 grams baby spinach
Coriander leaves, to serve
Lemon wedges, to serve
Natural yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Place a large saucepan of cold, salted water over a high heat. Add the potatoes and bring to the boil. Turn down to a simmer and add the cauliflower florets then simmer for 4 minutes. Drain and set the veg aside to steam for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl place the turmeric, garam masala and kashmiri chilli powder, along with 6 tablespoons of neutral oil and some salt and pepper. Mix together then add in the potatoes, cauliflower and red onions. Toss everything to coat then spread out on a large baking tray and place into the oven for 25 minutes.
- Place the Donegal Catch Natural Salmon Fillets into some greased tin foil and after 25 minutes, add to the oven. Cook for 15 minutes then remove and brush with your chosen curry paste. At this point, check the veg as well and add the Green Isle Frozen Peas and baby spinach. Place everything back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve the salmon on top of the veg with some coriander leaves, lemon wedges and natural yoghurt.