Irish Cider Battered Atlantic Cod with mashed potato and cider sauce
4 Donegal Catch Cider Battered Cod Fillets
For the cider sauce
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion, finely sliced
1 sprig rosemary
200 ml chicken stock
200 ml cider
1 ½ tablespoons cornflour
2 tablespoons half-fat crème fraîche
- Cook the Donegal Catch Irish Cider Battered Cod Fillets according to the packet instructions.
- For the cider sauce, heat the oil in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add the sliced onion and a pinch of salt and fry for 15 mins until soft and translucent.
- Add the rosemary and stock, increase the heat to high and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 mins, then add the cider and simmer for a further 5 mins.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornflour with a little of the gravy to make a paste. Whisk back into the saucepan and simmer for 2-3 mins until thickened. Repeat with the remaining cornflour for a thicker gravy. Take off the heat, remove the rosemary sprig, then whisk in the crème fraîche and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the fish with the cider sauce and some mashed potatoes and green beans.