Irish Cider Battered Atlantic Cod with mashed potato and cider sauce
A creamy cider sauce, potato mash and green beans are the perfect accompaniments to enjoy with our Irish Cider Battered Atlantic Cod. Our delicious Atlantic fillets in maddens mellow traditional Irish craft cider from Armagh Cider Company helps you bring Gastro style dining home. Chunky white fish fillets, freshly frozen and hand filleted with a crispy batter made using maddens mellow cider giving the batter a light apple sweet flavour… The perfect Friday night treat!Armagh Cider Company makes award winning cider from blossom to bottle’ on their own farm in Co Armagh, the orchard county of Ireland.
4 Donegal Catch Cider Battered Cod Fillets
For the cider sauce
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion, finely sliced
1 sprig rosemary
200 ml chicken stock
200 ml cider
1 ½ tablespoons cornflour
2 tablespoons half-fat crème fraîche
- Cook the Donegal Catch Irish Cider Battered Cod Fillets according to the packet instructions.
- For the cider sauce, heat the oil in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add the sliced onion and a pinch of salt and fry for 15 mins until soft and translucent.
- Add the rosemary and stock, increase the heat to high and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 mins, then add the cider and simmer for a further 5 mins.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornflour with a little of the gravy to make a paste. Whisk back into the saucepan and simmer for 2-3 mins until thickened. Repeat with the remaining cornflour for a thicker gravy. Take off the heat, remove the rosemary sprig, then whisk in the crème fraîche and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the fish with the cider sauce and some mashed potatoes and green beans.