Irish Hake Lemon & Parsley Fishcakes – with citrusy carrot and green bean salad
2 Donegal Catch Irish Hake Lemon & Parsley Fishcakes
100g green beans
1 carrot, peeled and julienned
1 orange, peeled and segmented
Handful of leaves
1 tbsp. capers, drained
For the dressing:
2 tbsps. orange juice
100ml extra-virgin olive oil
35ml white wine vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 °C / 180 °C fan. (If using the airfryer, fishcakes take approx. 25 minutes but check your manufacturer's guidelines for best results and ensure fish is piping hot throughout when serving).
- Place the Donegal Catch fishcakes on a tray and place them into the oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until cooked through and hot throughout.
- To make the dressing, place the orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, Dijon and a pinch of salt and pepper into a jar with a lid and shake vigorously to emulsify.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the green beans for 4 minutes. Drain and place into a bowl with the julienned carrot, citrus segments, leaves and capers. Add the dressing - shaking again to emulsify if necessary, and mix to combine.
- Divide the salad between plates and place a cooked fishcake onto each plate.