Mini blaas with Salt & Vinegar Haddock Bites
Try these simple mini blaas with our Salt & Vinegar Haddock Bites, some salad and cheese. Great served warm after a long day at work or school. Our new Salt & Vinegar Irish Haddock Bites made with 100% Irish Haddock Fillets and coated in a crispy salt & vinegar flavoured batter. Delicious served with blaas or Waterford Blaa which is a doughy, white bread bun speciality, usually sold in two varieties: “soft” or “crusty”. If you make this recipe yourself, let us know what you think and tag us, we love to see your creations. Another great recipe from Claire Marie Cuisine.
6 Haddock Salt And Vinegar Haddock Bites
6 small blaas or buns
Grated cheese of choice
A handful of tomatoes
A handful of green leaves of choice (like lamb lettuce)
Tartare sauce to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan. Place the Donegal Catch Salt and Vinegar Haddock Bites onto an oven tray and place into the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes, until the bites are cooked through and piping hot.
- Whilst the bites cook, slice the blaas open (or buns if using). Sprinkle grated cheese on the bottom halves and bake in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes until just melted.
- Remove from the oven and build the sliders up. Add the green leaves, tomatoes, and avocado. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add one Salt and Vinegar Haddock bite on each small blaa. Top up with the tartare sauce and enjoy!