Natural Haddock with Ratatouille and Pistou
2 Donegal Catch Natural Haddock Fillets
For the pistou
1 garlic clove, peeled
50 grams basil leaves
20 grams parmesan, grated
60 ml extra-virgin olive oil
For the ratatouille
1 aubergine, chopped into 1 inch pieces
2 small courgettes, cut into half moons
1 red or yellow pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
200 grams cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
Handful of fresh basil, torn
- Cook the Donegal Catch Natural Haddock Fillets according to the packet instructions.
- For the pistou, place all the ingredients plus a pinch of salt into a mini food processor and blitz until smooth.
- For the ratatouille, place a frying pan over medium heat and when hot, pour in 2 tbsp olive oil. Brown the aubergines until the pieces are soft and golden. Set them aside.
- Fry the courgettes in another tbsp of oil, until golden on both sides. Repeat with the peppers and set aside with the aubergine and courgette.
- Add the remaining olive oil and add the sliced onion, cooking for 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute then stir in the red wine vinegar and sugar, then tip in the tomatoes.
- Return the sauteed vegetables to the pan with some salt and pepper and cook for a further 10 mins before serving with the fish, pistou and some extra basil.