Omega 3 Fish fingers, homemade potato waffles, homemade beans
Enjoy our Omega 3 Fish Finger, homemade potato waffles and beans for lunch or breakfast. Homemade baked cannellini beans are the perfect comforting side and by making your own you can reduce the salt and level contents which is perfect for young kids.
12 Donegal Catch Omega 3 Fish Fingers
For the beans
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, grated
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon hot smoked paprika
½ teaspoon chilli flakes
200 grams passata
1 x 400 gram tin cannellini beans, drained
For the potato waffles
500 grams mashed potato
1 garlic clove, grated
100 grams cheddar cheese, grated
3 spring onions, finely sliced
75 grams plain flour
Salt and pepper
- For the beans, heat the oil in a saucepan set over a medium heat and add the onion. Fry for 10 minutes until softened and translucent then add the garlic, cumin, paprika and chilli flakes. Cook for 2 minutes then add the passata and 250 ml water. Stir and bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes until slightly thickened. Add the cannellini beans and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Cook the Donegal Catch Omega 3 Fish Fingers according to the packet instructions.
- For the waffles mix the mashed potatoes, garlic, cheese, spring onions, egg and flour together and season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat a waffle iron and and when hot, add a ladleful of the waffle batter into the centre of the iron. Close the lid and cook for 3 - 5 minutes, or until golden. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve the waffles with the fish fingers and bean and enjoy!