Omega 3 Fish fingers, homemade potato waffles, homemade beans
12 Donegal Catch Omega 3 Fish Fingers
For the beans
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, grated
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon hot smoked paprika
½ teaspoon chilli flakes
200 grams passata
1 x 400 gram tin cannellini beans, drained
For the potato waffles
500 grams mashed potato
1 garlic clove, grated
100 grams cheddar cheese, grated
3 spring onions, finely sliced
75 grams plain flour
Salt and pepper
- For the beans, heat the oil in a saucepan set over a medium heat and add the onion. Fry for 10 minutes until softened and translucent then add the garlic, cumin, paprika and chilli flakes. Cook for 2 minutes then add the passata and 250 ml water. Stir and bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes until slightly thickened. Add the cannellini beans and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Cook the Donegal Catch Omega 3 Fish Fingers according to the packet instructions.
- For the waffles mix the mashed potatoes, garlic, cheese, spring onions, egg and flour together and season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat a waffle iron and and when hot, add a ladleful of the waffle batter into the centre of the iron. Close the lid and cook for 3 - 5 minutes, or until golden. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve the waffles with the fish fingers and bean and enjoy!