Pale Ale Battered Haddock Burrito
4 fillets Donegal Catch Pale Ale Battered Haddock
For the guacamole
1 jalapeno pepper
2 spring onions
1 garlic clove
Juice of 2 limes
Handful of coriander leaves
Salt and pepper
For the salsa
1 red onion, finely diced
3 vine tomatoes, finely diced
Handful of freshly chopped coriander
Juice of ½ a lime
For the rice
1 packet long grain rice
30 grams butter
1 white onion, finely diced
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 tin pinto or black beans, drained
4 large tortilla wraps
½ head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Pre heat oven to 200C / 180 C fan.
- Place the Donegal Catch Pale Ale Battered Haddock onto a baking tray and place into the oven for 25 minutes until cooked through and piping hot throughout.
- Whilst the fish cooks, blitz all the ingredients for the guacamole together in a small food processor until completely smooth. Season to taste and set aside.
- For the salsa, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- For the rice, heat the packet of rice in the microwave according to packet instructions. Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan and saute the onion and cumin for 10 minutes until soft but not coloured. Tip in the hot rice and drained beans and stir together for 5 minutes until everything is hot throughout.
- To serve, place a spoonful of guacamole on a tortilla and top with ¼ of the rice. Top with a spoonful of salsa, some shredded iceberg, coriander leaves and spring onions and then top with a cooked fish fillet. Fold over the edge closest to you then fold in the sides to contain the filling then continue to roll to form a burrito. If you wish to heat the wrap, cover the burrito in tin foil and place in the oven for 5 minutes You can skip this step if you want to eat straight away.