Prawn and avocado tostadas
6 corn tortillas
Olive oil, for brushing
200 grams Green Isle Frozen prawns, defrosted
½ cucumber, finely diced
1 avocado, finely diced
1 red onion, finely diced
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220 C / 200 C fan.
- Lay the corn tortillas on a chopping board and using a 6 cm round cookie cutter, cut out rounds from the tortillas - you should get 2 from each tortillas, leaving you with 12 tostadas.
- Lay the rounds on a lined baking tray and lightly brush both sides with olive oil.
- Bake for 5 minutes and then flip them over and continue baking for another 5 minutes. The tostadas should be golden brown and crispy. Set them aside to cool.
- Whilst the tostadas are cooling, roughly chop the prawns and transfer to a small saucepan. Add the butter and the juice of ½ a lime and gently heat, for about 3 minutes, just to warm the prawns through
- Whilst the prawns are warming, add the cucumber, avocado, red onion, remaining lime juice, coriander and some salt and pepper to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pile the salsa onto the cooled tostadas and top with the warmed prawns.
- Serve with some extra lime wedges and some coriander leaves to garnish.