Prawn, avocado and mango timbale
2 limes, plus lime wedges to serve
Large handful of finely chopped coriander leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
½ red onion, finely diced
300 grams Green Isle Frozen prawns
1 tablespoon butter
½ long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 butter lettuce, leaves separated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the mango thinly and set aside.
- Mash the avocados with the juice of a lime until smooth then stir through the coriander leaves, diced red onion and some salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the prawns into a small saucepan and add the butter, diced red chilli and some salt and pepper. Place over a low heat and gently warm for 3 - 4 minutes. You don’t want to fry the prawns, just simply warm them.
- Mix the honey, olive oil and some salt and pepper together in a small bowl and set aside.
- To assemble, using a cookie cutter placed onto the centre of your serving plate, place a spoonful of the avocado mixture and spread out to the sides of the cutter. Place some sliced mango on top of the avocado and finally, spoon some prawns on top of that. Remove the cookie cutter to reveal the layered timbale and repeat with the rest of the plates.
- Toss the lettuce leaves with the dressing and place a few on each plate then sprinkle over a few coriander leaves to garnish.