Salmon and quinoa super salad
100 grams quinoa, rinsed
2 Donegal Catch Salmon Fillets
4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
6 radishes, finely sliced
2 cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
1 avocado, cubed
Zest of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon caster sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Handful of fresh dill, torn
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- To cook the quinoa, place the rinsed quinoa into a saucepan and cover with 300 ml cold water. Bring it up to a rolling boil and cook for 12-15 mins, or until almost all the water has evaporated then place into a sieve to drain and cool.
- Place the Donegal Catch Salmon Fillets on a baking tray. Season with salt and drizzle with a little olive oil and place into the oven for 25 minutes.
- Whilst the salmon cooks, segment the orange, placing the segments into a large bowl and squeezing any juice remaining into a smaller bowl. Add the sliced radishes, beetroot wedges, avocado, lemon zest and cooked quinoa to the bowl with the orange segments and toss everything together to combine. To the bowl with the orange juice add the 4 tablespoons olive oil, Dijon mustard, caster sugar, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Drizzle the dressing over the salad in the bowl and divide between bowls.
- When the salmon is cooked, place a fillet on each plate and sprinkle with the dill to serve.