Salmon & Broccoli Pasta Bake
This Atlantic Salmon and broccoli pasta bake recipe is guaranteed to be a new family favourite, made with mascarpone and cheddar, it’s the comfort food we all crave after a long day at school or work.
2 tablespoons olive oil
350 grams fusilli pasta
250 grams tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
200 grams mascarpone
100 grams creme fraiche
Zest of 1 lemon
100 grams grated white cheddar
20 grams grated parmesan
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Cook the salmon fillets according to the packet instructions, using the method that suits you best. Once cooked remove the skin from the salmon fillets and discard, then flake into large pieces
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, until al dente. Add the broccoli for the final 2 mins of cooking time then drain, reserving a large mugful of water.
- Return the pasta and broccoli to the saucepan, then stir in the mascarpone, creme fraiche, half of the cheddar and enough of the reserved pasta water to make the sauce the consistency of double cream. Season with black pepper - you may not need much salt if you salted the pasta water then add the flaked salmon and stir in, being careful not to break it down too much more - you want nice chunks of salmon in the final dish! Tip everything into a large baking dish and scatter over the remaining cheddar and the parmesan.
- Bake for 20 mins until the top is golden and the cheese has melted.