Winter buddha bowl
4 x Donegal Catch Breaded Whiting Fillets
For the roasted vegetables:
3 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
2 garlic cloves, grated
3 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
For the pink pickled onions:
1 red onion, finely sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
½ teaspoon sugar
For the dressing:
1 avocado, peeled and de-stoned
Handful of fresh coriander leaves
Handful of fresh mint leaves
Juice of 1 lime
75 grams greek yoghurt
6 pickled jalapenos
1 teaspoon honey
Water, to thin
For the Brussels sprouts:
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
250 grams brussels sprouts, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan and line a large baking tray.
- In a bowl combine the sweet potato, carrots, garlic, thyme, olive oil and a pinch of salt and toss to combine. Spread the vegetables out on the lined baking tray and place into the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes. Half way through, make some space on one side of the tray and add the Donegal Catch Breaded Whiting Fillets and cook for a further 20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Whilst the vegetables and fish are cooking, you can get on with the red of the prep.
- For the pink pickled onions, place the thinly sliced red onions in a small bowl and squeeze over the juice of 1 lemon. Add a pinch of salt and the sugar and then using your hand, scrunch everything together to completely combine all the ingredients. Set aside in the fridge.
- Make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients, except the water, in a high speed blender. Season with salt and pepper and blitz until completely smooth. Add water to achieve a dressing consistency - just a little thicker than double cream and then set aside in a bowl in the fridge.
- For the brussels sprouts slaw, place the olive oil, vinegar, honey, garlic and dijon mustard in a large bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk everything together to emulsify and then add the shredded brussels sprouts on top. Stir everything together to coat and set aside until needed.
- When the fish and vegetables are cooked, assemble your buddha bowls by dividing the slaw between 4 bowls, followed by the roasted veg and some salad leaves - trying to keep everything separate.
- Add a fish fillet and some of the pink pickled onions and finally serve the bowls with the dressing.