Wholegrain Fish, Spring Onion & Ginger Slaw, Teriyaki Sauce & Rice
150 grams basmati rice
¼ head of white cabbage, thinly sliced
2 carrots, peeled and julienned
2 spring onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
1 cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
3 tablespoon mayonnaise
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*We have suggested ½ of a wholegrain fish fillet per child in this recipe but adjust as to how hungry everyone is!
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Cook the Wholegrain Fish Fillets according to the packet instructions.
- Add the basmati rice, a pinch of salt and 300 ml cold water to a pot with a lid and bring to the boil over a high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to very low and cook, covered, for 10-15 min or until all the water has absorbed and the rice is cooked. Once cooked, remove from the heat, cover with a clean tea towel and keep covered until serving.
- Whilst the fish and rice are cooking, place the sliced white cabbage, carrots, spring onions, ginger and mayonnaise into a large bowl and toss together. Season with salt and pepper and stir again then set aside.
- When the fish is cooked, serve with some cooked rice and the slaw. Drizzle some teriyaki sauce over each plate to serve, adding some coriander leaves if desired.